BENEFITS OF UPGRADING YOUR WINDOWS & DOORS
- Enhanced brightness by enlarging current window and door openings for larger windows & doors
- More comfortable year-round climate: heat out and cold in during summer, cold out and heat in during winter, maximizing energy efficiency
- $$ savings – better energy efficiency, lower maintenance costs
- Ventilation – wide variety of different models of opening windows and doors with sidelites
- Reduce fading with UV Protection for your furniture, flooring and decor
- No Risk, warranty on parts and labour
- What to Expect – Installing windows and doors is a year round business. During inclement weather (ie. Rain, Snow, Extreme Cold) we may utilize a large tarp to close the working area in. During a typical installation, you can expect:
- Traffic in and out of the house, we try to minimize this disruption by having one installer inside your home and one installer outside taking the old window out and placing the new window in the opening. However some units are large, awkward and heavy to lift so two installers are required when lifting windows.
- Noise, depending on how the old window or door is built in to the opening, typical tools used for removing old windows include: hammers, nail pullers, wrecking bars, and saws. You can expect noise for short periods while we remove old brick moulds, nails, etc so we can lift the old window out.
- Dust & Debris, some old windows and doors come out very easily, others require you to remove the glass and demo the frame piece by piece. Depending on the weather, dust can travel further in to a room if there is wind so be prepared for some dusting.
- Spray Foam, we size the windows to leave enough room for Low Expansion Spray Foam. Once your new window is placed and secured in the opening, our installer on the inside will apply spray foam around all sides of the window so you get full insulation and benefit of your new window. The foam will expand to provide a strong seal between the window opening and your new window. Some of the foam may squeeze out on the inside, no worries we’ll clean it up!
- Paint Lines & Casing, when removing your old windows and doors we remove the casing around them. Depending on the window or door being installed, the old casing may be used again but may leave a paint line. This is something we will discuss with you during the quotation process so you are aware of the potential for painting and/or new casing.
- Clean Up, good housekeeping practices are important for the safety of your family and our installers. We’ll make sure all areas are safe and clean during the installation process, and at the completion of installation a full clean up of all working areas will be completed both inside and outside.
- Preparing Your Home for Installation – prior to our installation crew arriving, some things you can do to help us be efficient:
- Remove blinds, depending on the placement of your blinds, they be used with your new windows or not. This is something we’ll discuss with you during the quotation process so there are no surprises.
- Move furniture, plants and other objects back from the windows and cover with drop cloths or sheets. We do bring our own drop cloths also to cover floors and furniture as well.
- Clear objects from around the outside of the window
- During winter months, clear away fresh snow and/or ice from pathways, driveways, and decks
- Pets, depending on location around your home of the windows and doors we are replacing, you may need to secure your pets so we can easily access back yards and your home.